
We started out this day on a stinky note. Every where we went there were more hot springs with a strong sulphur odor. Some areas had a stronger smell than others, but it was distinct everywhere. Then, the girls and I learned all about the bathrooms at the park, and knowing whether you really have to go or not. I know this is a little
TMI, but speaking of bad smells... just imagine and small building that looks nice on the outside, but is really just a port-a-potty on the inside. Really, it's just a toilet over a hole in the ground with a sign inside encouraging you to shut the lid to "help contain the odor"!


Quite the oxymoron, huh?!?

I hopped out of the van to take a picture of this buffalo that almost hit our van as we drove by. Really, if I would have reached my hand out the window I could have smacked it on the backside like Al tried to talk me into doing right after I took the picture of him by the lady at the sign.

A black bear in Hayden Valley

An elk we saw on the way out of the park today.


I don't think these pictures can do justice to the real thing. We have been awed and amazed by the beauty we are experiencing. It's overwhelming to think how God made all of these majestic things we've been able to see. Looking forward to tomorrow...
0 comments:
Post a Comment